Teacher to Teacher
Recall a time you faced and met a challenge -- big, small, or otherwise. This is an experience you look back at with pride. Here are some questions to answer before you get started.
1) How can the experience be summarized in one sentence?
2) Where did this happen?
3) When did this happen? What was going on in your life at the time?
4) How did the challenge begin?
5) As the events unfolded, why did it look as if you might fail?
6) What did you have to do to succeed?
7) How did your feelings change?
8) What was the critical moment?
9) What happened?
10) What have been the consequences of this?
Put this together into a story. In the first version, start at the beginning. In the second, start in the middle.
Read Bob's Previous Writing Ideas Columns:
Home | Teacher to Teacher | Bob's Published Books | Bob's Shorter Works | About Bob
© 2010 WritingTeacherHangout.com | Site created and developed by SmartAuthorSites.com